Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Young Love...

My 20 year old little sister who is now standing on the precipice of adulthood, and is taking adulthood by the horns, including love and relationship, recently wrote a very beautiful poem to her beau and I just had to share it. It is the type of poem that will take you back to your early adulthood years when you had little experience, a lot of expectations and your brain was swimming in emotions and hormones that got you high off being in love. I wish my sister and her wonderful boyfriend all the best.

For Amelia and Karieffe



"This Years Love"

This year's love had better last


Heaven knows it's high time


And I've been waiting on my own for too long


But when you hold me like you do


It feels so right I start to forget


How my heart gets torn and when that hurt gets thrown


Feeling like I can't go on.Turning circles time and time again


It cuts like a knife ,so deep within.

.
If you love me, got to know for sure


Cos' it takes something more this time,

 
More than sweet bitter lies,before I open up my arms and fall


Losing all control...crashing into your heart to meet Every dream inside my soul.


And then you kiss me....on that midnight street. Sweep me off my feet

Singing ain't this life so sweet...hoping


This year's love better last,So who's



to worry If our hearts get torn,When that hurt 

gets thrown

Don't you know in this life it's worth the try ....


By Amelia White

No comments:

Post a Comment