Wednesday, February 21, 2018



Well, Hi There...

I haven't blogged in years and so much has happened since 2014. So much has changed...I have finally become an American resident, my children are much older and I am no longer working minimum wage. Talk about commencing from ground zero!
I also no longer believe in home-schooling which was something I was passionate about when I just started this blog and I will tell you why. My son's speech was delayed and as smart as he was and was able to identify numbers and letters at three-years-old, he couldn't form appropriate sentences. He also had issues coping with certain loud noises and sensations. I realized something wasn't "normal" and took him to a psychologist where they were leaning towards the possibility of Sensory Processing Disorder, a mild case on the autism spectrum. However, his insurance failed before we could confirm a diagnosis, so we never went back. I decided to enroll him in school and hoped that he outgrew his fear for loud noises and unusual sensations such as, stickiness and wet floors which made him cry. I couldn't afford a psychologist but I decided that maybe interaction with other children would help, so I enrolled him into daycare and it was the best decision I ever made.
My son is 7 years old now and very articulate for the most part. He also outgrew the "Sensory Processing Disorder". Both my children are now in a charter school and doing quite well I must say. Placing them in the district school system relieves me of the stress as a working mom of having to teach them myself. My best advise to other parents is to research the schools in your area and make a wise decision regarding the school you choose to enroll them in. I chose the charter school in my school district because their teaching style and environment was diverse yet tight-knit and the children appear to get the individual and appropriate attention they need to thrive in a learning environment.
That brings me to my next point, I no longer cling to the hope of being a stay-at-home mom. Like so many beautiful independent women out there, I faced up to reality and got on the hamster wheel. However, now that I am seeking my ideal career path, my new hope is to become a a best selling author.
This brings me to my most important point. Guys... I wrote a book. Please see below and thank you for the support. This has been a long standing dream of mine to write a book and I did it and guess what, there are many more to come. It is a romance novel about an interracial couple, (you guys know I am on a quest to end racism). So far I am getting great reviews. It's a little strange but I was recently inspired to blog again, so please be on the lookout for more from me. Love you guys and stay safe out there.




 https://www.amazon.com/Love-Heartbreak-Pool-Games-Miller/dp/197682981X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

No comments:

Post a Comment