Tuesday, April 23, 2013

...Talking To Myself



…Talking To Myself…
I would like to think I can create my own destiny, clear my own path
I would like to think that God gave me a blank slate to write my own journey
I would like to think I can claim it all as my own, my success, and failures even my after math
I would like to think that my life is my very own customized story

But when I factor other elements in the equation, I find myself rethinking it all
Is my destiny pre-written, is my path predictable, is my life a script?
While I marvel at the newness of my experiences, my life really is not unusual
To those that understand the bigger picture of a universe so cryptic

Feelings of Déjà vu, clairvoyant dreams and premonitions give me a glimpse of my future
Well, if it is destined or pre-written, are we really in control?
Can we mold and shape the uniqueness of our lives, if we are so clever?
Or are we simply living out a pre-defined role?

Are we really the author of our lives, are we just fooling ourselves ridiculously?
Is there such a thing as controlling who we are or creating what we later become?
We strive so hard to be success stories, to improve our ways devotedly
But are we pre-destined to fall like the night or rise like the sun?

When I consider the things I didn’t mean to do but happened for a “reason”
Or the hopes and dreams that never came to fruition
Or the wonderful people I have met that was only for a season
Or the things I have accomplished without planning or direction

Or the opportunities snatched away from me and blessings handed to me
Or the sorrows I could not escape and the unimaginable pleasures I've felt
Are we working hard to fulfill what we were destined to be?
Or are we forging ahead, master of our existence of this life we are dealt?
…But I’m just talking to myself…

By Charm White

No comments:

Post a Comment